Tuesday, June 24, 2008

With Friends Like These...

I love Karen. I really do, but I'm sick of her opinions. Mainly because I know what they are, I've heard them a thousand and one times before, I'm a quick study. I get it and I don't really care. I'm gonna do what I want to do with my life because it's MY life. I didn't ask for her opinion and so it's unsolicited. I am famous for giving advice where it's not asked but at least I'm nicer about it. Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe I should shut up, too.

One of the reasons Karen doesn't like this particular decision though is because it will take some of my time away from her. She cannot take that. It's something she always goes insane about, not that she ever admits that point exactly. Everything that takes my time away from her she hates. It's exhausting at times.

She is not all bad. I feel guilty for portraying it like that. It's probably just because I'm a terrible person. Really, she's a great friend who doesn't like to share. I'm in a bad mood. Thank god I have this blog to vomit all my grossness out onto. Right?

2 comments:

Constance the Super said...

You're not a terrible person. Friends do annoying or even hurtful things. And that doesn't make them bad, but it doesn't make you bad if it upsets you.

And this building is great for vomiting!

Anonymous said...

yes, it is nice to have a place where you don't have to be all happy-happy-joy-joy all the time!

and i've had one of those friend who i refer to as a energy sucker. it was like i was her boyfriend-she wanted me to do everything with her. we ended up "breaking up", but she was psycho, not just a bit clingy.

anywhoooo, it's hard when your friends do that. maybe she just thinks she knows what's best for you, which is annoying as hell, but it's out of love? there I go giving advice. whoops.